Copywriting is selling in print.
You must answer each objection in advance.
Following are basic elements in successful copywriting:
- Pre-Head: Targets the primary prospects.
- Headline: The ad for the rest of the ad.
- Deck: A paragraph reinforces the headline and rises curiosity.
- Body: Bulk of text.
- Subheads: Separate major sections “bucket brigade” of your copy.
- Lead: Sets the criteria of who this letter is for.
- Rapport: Demonstrates that you know the reader’s pain.
- Credibility: Why you should listen to me.
- Bullets: Identifies a single benefit without revealing how it was derived.
- Value Justification
- Risk Reversal
- Bonus – the “extra degree”
- Offer (Call to Action): Ask for the order.
- PS.:The place to sum up the top benefits of your product for your readers.
Here are some copywriting tips:
- Use all 15 of the basic elements.
- Think always of your reader.
- Use short words.
- Use short sentences.
- Use short paragraphs.
- Establish credibility early.
- Repeat your core message consistently.
- Use aspirational language
- Write Socratically – ask questions.
- Focused Audience
- Story of Struggle
- Story of Finding the Solution
- Solution Framework
- Easily consumable solution that solves a distinct, immediate and ongoing problem
- High Quality
- High $$$ Margin
- Awesome Fulfillment
- Fresh, content driven campaigns
- Strategic sequencing
- Promo partners
- Shopping cart and client management systems
Alternatives to Price Cutting:
- Get something back when you reduce price, i.e. reduce the value, less product
- Extend the time customer pays give payment terms
- Give the customer something extra, i.e. bonus, longer warranty, etc.
- Give a free trial period
- Raise your prices to the top of the value
Create Anything Script:
- Here’s who I am and what I do
- Have you ever had any of these challenges
- Me too – here’s my story of struggle
- Here’s my story of finding the solution
- Here’s the results I’ve gotten and I’ve helped other people get since then
- Here’s what I’ve found about the old world vs. the new world (what they told you doesn’t work, myths/trends)
- Here’s the solution framework – Step 1, Principle 1, Lesson 1 etc.
Levers You Can Use:
- “Extras Lever”: What bonuses could sweeten the deal for them.
- The “Now” Lever: What they can have immediately.
- The “Reward” Lever: If they succeed, what can you give them as a reward.
- The “Delay” Lever: How they can have it now and pay later.
- The “Social” Lever: How they can get involved with groups, friends, etc.
- The “Cool and Exclusive” Lever: What can they have that no one else can.
- The “Try” Lever: If it doesn’t work what happens.
- The “Touch Me” Lever: Who will tell them – Yes this is right for you.
- The “Narcissist” Lever: How will this make them better than everyone else.
- The “Servant” Lever: How will this help them make a difference.